This Qualification is an entry-level qualification for those who want to enter the field of Child & Youth Care Work (C&YCW) as a potential career. It builds on practical experience and community-based learning, and equips people for their role as an auxiliary child and youth care worker. As such the Qualification will also be valuable for those who may have been practising within the field, but without formal recognition. In particular, this Qualification will be useful for:
- Auxiliary child and youth care workers.
- Persons who work in related fields such as social workers, pastoral counsellors, where knowledge and skill of C&YCW is an advantage.
Recipients of this Qualification will be able to:
- Perform clearly defined tasks and activities which contribute to holistic care and development of the young person.
- Develop themselves purposefully, professionally and as a resource for C&YCW.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and work in ways that are consistent with the ethics of the field and workplace.
- Demonstrate understanding of on-line and consultative supervision and their role in the provision of care and own personal development.
- Describe and uphold the rights of young people, and promote these in their practice.
- Solve common problems within familiar contexts:
> Adjust an application of a common solution within relevant parameters to meet the needs of small changes in the problem or operating context.
> Motivate the change using relevant evidence.