Learners credited with this unit standard will be able to align project planning components and to integrate it into a single overall project management plan for a simple to moderately complex project. Learners will be able to analyse and refine a project organisational structure, its profiles, roles and responsibilities. Learners will be able to determine the required change and configuration control procedures and integrate it into the project management plan. They will also be able to obtain approval for the integrated project management plan.
UNIT STANDARD RANGE
Simple to moderately complex project can be defined as projects that have:
- A high degree of stability, few uncertainties or low rate of change with regard to expected deliverables, phase contents, organisational process and procedures, legislation and team members.
- Limited range of different methods or approaches relating to the design and creation of deliverables and end products.
- Low to moderate impact on the environment and or socio economic elements; Moderate to low need to comply with legislation; Moderate number of stakeholders affected by or interested in the project.
- Low strategic importance to the organisation or organisations involved; Not necessary identified in strategic plans.
- Stakeholders, that are in agreement about the characteristics of the product of the project; Benefits of the project well defined and agreed.
- Low number of different organisations participating in the project; A low number; and or wide variety of interfaces between the project and other organisational entities in order to produce the end deliverable.