This qualification is for those who want to build on a FETC in any field to enter the field of ODETD as a potential career, and have little or no previous exposure to ETD. The qualification will also be valuable for those who may have been practising within the field, but without formal recognition. This qualification will be useful for:
- Learning facilitators.
- Learner and learning supporters.
- Skills Development Facilitators.
This qualification will provide practitioners with the general ETD skills required at NQF level 5 across five key ETD roles, with the opportunity to specialise further in one of the following four roles:
- Design and develop learning interventions.
- Facilitate learning.
- Design and conduct assessments.
- Facilitate skills development.
Practitioners will generally carry out their role within the context of:
- Given Quality Assurance policies, procedures and processes.
- A guided and supported learning environment.