Qualifying learners are capable of using a series of legal and policing skills to protect and serve members of communities in accordance with the Constitution of South Africa. This will allow the learner to provide a more effective service that will improve community satisfaction and position them to fulfill their mission of creating a safe and secure environment for all who live in South Africa.
A learner acquiring this qualification will have skills, knowledge and experience to:
- Balance constitutional and legal rights of individuals with the competence to legally infringe those rights in the service of maintaining a safe and secure society.
- Evaluate policing principles and their application in relation to crime prevention.
- Conduct a criminal investigation by gathering information and evidence.
- Evaluate situations and select the tactical techniques and skills needed to execute policing duties and maintain safety of self and others.
- Support criminal prosecutions by preparing documentation and giving evidence in a court of law.
- Apply the principles of operation and service delivery within a Client Service Centre in a policing environment.