The qualification provides learners with the opportunity to gain competence in poultry production and will facilitate their securing employment in the industry. For those who are already employed in a poultry production farm, the multi-skilling that the qualification offers will open up a career path in the industry.
A learner achieving this qualification will be able to work effectively and productively within the poultry production industry and will gain competency to:
- Adjust and maintain the poultry house environmental control equipment.
- Feed, rear and ensure primary care of poultry.
- Apply poultry bio-security on a production facility/farm.
- Perform poultry health care, including medication and vaccination.
- Operate and maintain poultry drinkers and drinking systems.
- Operate and maintain poultry feeders and feeding systems.
The generic nature of the qualification will facilitate multi-skilling, which in turn, will have a positive impact on the efficiency and productivity of the production farms.
The upskilling of the learners at this level will have a positive impact on the efficiency and profitability of a production farm.