A person credited with this unit standard is able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of machine inputs and outputs.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the start-up procedures of a process machine.
- Demonstrate an understanding of adjustments made to a process machine while in operation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the shut-down procedures of process machine.
- Demonstrate an understanding of production documentation.
This unit standard is for anyone who works in a manufacturing or packaging environment and needs to understand and apply generic machine operating procedures on manufacturing or packaging equipment.
This unit will contribute to the full development of the learner within the manufacturing and packaging environment by providing recognition, further mobility and transportability within the field of manufacturing and assembly. The skills, knowledge and understanding demonstrated within this unit standard are essential for social and economic transformation and upliftment within the manufacturing and processing environment.