We are Hiring!
We have a number of open posts. Please use the form below to expediate your application to NSA Consulting and BBT Institutes
1) EDITORIAL ASSISTANTS
We are seeking a highly organized and self-motivated Administrative Publishing Editor to join our growing team of professionals. The Administrative Publishing Editor is primarily focused on coordinating and processing editorial information with the association and NSA’s internal and external sales staff to facilitate publications through the production process. The Administrative Publishing Editor will report directly to the CEO.
As an Administrative Publishing Editor, you will focus on a number of different types of responsibilities to produce quality publications that our association clients can use as an image piece. This position’s main goal is to produce a profitable publication that meets or exceeds NSA’s goals.
Specific responsibilities for the Administrative Publishing Editor include:
- Editing articles for content and substance; proofreading articles for spelling, grammar, style and layout
- Serving as the primary customer service contact and liaison for the association to ensure that the client has a positive experience with NSA and receives a product that meets or exceeds the association’s expectations
- Remaining attentive to all association requests throughout the year. Building a relationship with the association as the main contact from NSA
- Working with the association to determine an attractive design concept
- Keep abreast of advances in software technology to be able to accommodate the varying technological advances of our associations
- Streamlining all content and maintaining consistency throughout the publication
- Reading and checking page proofs in their entirety, and evaluating text and graphic design to be sure it adheres to the production worksheet
- Managing the project to ensure that all information comes in on time and is of good quality
- Completing Editorial Review of each publication to ensure that future issues will be of similar quality
- Assessing the costs of the publication, and keeping them minimal, proportional to the revenue and in line with corporate objectives
- Monitof ad/editorial ratio by determining accurate page counts
- After the process, consult with client satisfaction review team to evaluate the project's P&L and identify areas for improvement
- Working with the publisher to set up a schedule before the process starts, outlining the association’s obligations
- Creating urgency for the association to meet its deadlines
- Creating a comprehensive, easy-to-use editorial package, with clear instructions
- Preparing databases by manipulating the data and creating field definition sheets, which establish formatting instructions for each section
- Formatting text documents to ensure consistency throughout the document. Convert files to programs used by NSA’s production staff
The Administrative Publishing Editor position is one that requires an organized, hard-working person who can multi-task proficiently and meet deadlines. It is not uncommon to be working on several tasks at once and have to shift focus and attention constantly during the day. In addition, the Administrative Publishing Editor must have the ability to work independently while still maintaining strong ties throughout the organization.